With the Antalya Transportation Master Plan (ANT-UAP) study for target year 2040, it is aimed to analyze and regulate the city in coordination by considering upper and lower scale plan decisions and to provide solutions to transportation and traffic problems by prioritizing public transportation systems and environment-friendly transportation modes.
The travel demand forecast model bases have been formed with the surveys and counts conducted throughout Antalya within the scope of ANT-UAP.
Antalya "Transportation Model Calibration" study was limited to the “Central Area" (Aksu, Döşemealtı, Kepez, Konyaaltı, Muratpaşa, Kemer, Serik) which includes Antalya city center and its close vicinity that stand out with urban travel characteristics.
Population, employment, labor force, number of students, income status and car ownership forecasts were made within the scope of the study in order to provide input to the model in determining the travel demand forecasts to be made in the ANT-UAP target year (2040). Forecasts of socioeconomic data were carried out in parallel with 1/25,000 scale Master Development Plan study.
Number of trips increasing with the rapidly increasing population and car ownership will have negative effects on urban transportation.
To minimize these problems, strategic decisions were made for urban transportation and Antalya Transportation Master Plan was developed in accordance with these strategies.
- Managing Increasing Highway Demand - Demand Management
- Increasing Attractiveness of Public Transport - Public Transport Oriented Development
- Creating High Capacity, Fast, Demand Attracting Main Public Transport Backbones
- Increasing Efficiency of the Long Distance Travels with Transfer Centers
- Balancing the Highway Pressure on the Central Business Area
- Developing Smart Growth Decisions in Transportation
Alternative scenarios were created in order to meet the travel demand towards target year 2040 and to find solutions to the problems and inadequacies forecasted with this demand.
12 Different Backbone Public Transport Proposals,
4 Alternative Scenarios were Assessed and the Most Suitable Corridors and
MAIN PLAN SCENARIO were Created.
- Province ANTALYA
- Country Türkiye
Antalya Metropolitan Municipality
Transportation Planning and Rail System Department
- Work Schedule 2015-2017
Scope of the Work
- Analysis f Existing Conditions
- Collection of New Information
- Analysis f Existing Problems and Inadequacies
- Creating Mdel Inputs
- Target Year Scioeconomic Projections and Travel Forecasts
- Alternative Scenaris
- Transprtation Master Plan
- Rail System Planning
- Wheeled Public Transprt Planning
- Marine Transprtation Planning
- Transfer Center Arrangements
- Intermediate Public Transprt Planning
- Intercity and Surrunding Settlement Terminal Area Planning
- Pedestrian Transprtation Planning
- Disabled Transprtation Planning
- Bicycle Transprtation Planning
- Rad Arrangemens
- Parking Lt Arrangements
- Urban Freight Transprtation Arrangements
- Institutinal Structure Proposals