Within the scope of the Gaziantep Transportation Master Plan (GUAP), the travel demands expected to emerge in the target year of the plan were evaluated in line with the upper and lower scale strategic decisions and plans, transportation investments and priorities to be realized were determined and basic planning decisions were made for the transportation and traffic system.
The study was designed taking into consideration the transportation needs of the city center and the areas outside the center. In the city center (Şehitkâmil, Şahinbey, Oğuzeli) the present situation of the city was determined and “Demand Forecast Model” was developed. In addition, input to the model has been created by interpreting its relations with surrounding settlements. The transportation models for Gaziantep were calibrated using the information obtained from household surveys and traffic counts.
Within the scope of Transportation Master Plan, general policies and strategies have been determined on public transportation system, road infrastructure and traffic system, parking system, pedestrian and bicycle transportation, urban cargo transportation system, intercity and surrounding settlements, and institutional and legal structuring; solutions have been developed in line with these policies and strategies.
All the arrangements proposed within the scope of Gaziantep Transportation Master Plan are divided into stages as short, medium and long term periods and implementation programs are determined.
- Province GAZİANTEP
- Country Türkiye
Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality
Department of Transportation Planning and Rail Systems
- Work Schedule 2015-2016
Scope of the Work
- Current Situation Determination
- Collection of New Information
- Identification of Existing Problems and Inadequacies
- Creating Model Entries
- Target Year Socioeconomic Projections and Trip Forecasts
- Alternative Scenarios
- Transportation Master Plan
- Rail System Planning
- Wheeled Public Transport Planning
- Transfer Center Arrangements
- Intermediate Public Transportation Planning
- Intercity and Peripheral Settlement Terminal Areas Planning
- Pedestrian Access Planning
- Disabled Transportation Planning
- Bicycle Transportation Planning
- Highway Regulations
- Parking Arrangements
- Urban Freight Transportation Regulations
- Corporate Restructuring Recommendations