To address the emerging challenges related to the increase in the demand for urban services in Turkey and the consequent increase in service quality for cities, as well as financial and environmental sustainability, İlbank A.Ş., funded by the EU-IPA2 Grant Program of the European Union and guided by the World Bank. It implements the Sustainable Cities Program (SCP).
“Medium-Term Development Planning and Financing-OVKP” Project, is carried out within the scope of SCP and aims to strengthen the development and capital investment planning framework, procedures and practices in Metropolitan Municipalities (MM) and their subsidiaries in a way that is in line with SCP objectives.
In this context, İlbank's OVKP Framework Development and Financing Project for MMs is implemented as a project that aims to integrate development planning tools with capital investment planning and investment financing, and to incorporate rational principles into project selection and financial decision processes.
Examining the planning and programming processes of sustainable transportation infrastructure and service investments within the scope of medium-term strategic planning studies such as Strategic Plan, Performance and Activity Reports of MMs, as well as short-medium and long-term Transportation Master Plan studies, within the scope of the task of our company, and the realization of these programs and assessment of their status has been completed.
In this context, the transportation strategies and targets determined within the framework of the strategic plan have been revealed. Performance indicator selections for these targets were determined and followed up. According to the performance program, the realization status of the activities has been revealed. Determination, decision making and follow-up processes of transportation investments in the city are analyzed and interpreted.
In the course of the work, the following tasks will be performed respectively for the Kayseri, Muğla, Malatya, Kahramanmaraş and Mardin Metropolitan Municipalities and their affiliates, which are within the scope of the work.
- 1. Review and summary of current development plans and sectoral linkages of MMs' regional and sectoral planning and public services
- 2. Various capacity building and training actions to ensure the development of development planning,
- 3. Establishing OVKP Standard Operating Procedures for key positions and actions;
- 4. Supporting the OVKP preparation with target analytical studies,
- 5. Adoption of OVKP, including public participation,
- 6. Detailed drafting of the procedure guide
- Province KAYSERİ
- Country Türkiye
- Work Schedule 2020-
Scope of the Work
- Kayseri, Mugla, Malatya, Kahramanmaraş and Mardin Metropolitan Municipalities;
- Review of Existing Development Plans
- Capacity Building Analysis
- Determination of OVKP Standard Operating Procedures
- Teaching OVKP with Stakeholder Engagement
- Drafting Procedure Guide