Following the Izmir Transportation Master Plan (UPI), which was completed in 2017, proposal action plans were initiated. Sustainable planning principles were adopted in the Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation Action Plan Study, which is the continuation of the UPI 2030 study. In this context, application analyzes and strategies have been developed for bicycle and pedestrian accessibility.
Implementation strategies have been developed not only for certain parts and regions of the city, but also for the whole city of Izmir, and regulation proposals have been made to increase efficiency, reduce environmental pollution and ensure the preference of non-motorized transportation in all possible journeys for public health has been adopted.
“Cycling and Pedestrian Transportation Action Plan” includes the basic features of “Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans” methodologically.
Within the scope of the study, a preliminary project study was carried out by developing suggestions for the pedestrian transportation network. Preliminary project work for priority areas for pedestrian arrangements, approximately 15 km "pedestrian road preliminary project" work was carried out, which will form integrity with the existing green space, pedestrian zones and shared bicycle systems, in a way that will be in harmony with the historical texture of the city and daily retail trade and residential areas.
- Province İZMİR
- Country Türkiye
Izmir Metropolitan Municipality
Department of Transportation
- Work Schedule 2018-2019
Scope of the Work
- Analysis of International Practice Examples and Benchmarking Studies
- Current and New Information Gathering and Current Situation Determination Studies
- Studies on Development of Bicycle and Pedestrian Access Implementation Strategies
- Studies on Development of Incentive and Monitoring Policies for Bicycle Transportation and Pedestrian Transportation
- Development of Design Implementation Standards