The study of Short-Term Transportation and Traffic Improvement Studies and Projects was carried out within the scope of the revision of the Izmir Metropolitan Area Urban and Near Environment Transportation Master Plan of which the target year is 2030.
Traffic counts and drone shots were carried out at 111 interchanges. The interchange counting points are shown below.
The study of Short-Term Transportation and Traffic Improvement Studies and Projects was carried out within the scope of the revision of the Izmir Metropolitan Area Urban and Near Environment Transportation Master Plan of which the target year is 2030. In this study, concept projects developed within the scope of sustainable mobility have been prepared in order to solve existing problems and calm traffic. These projects were tested with traffic engineering software and performance tables were created in comparison with the current situation. More than 600 traffic simulation models have been installed. In addition, proposal signal plans was prepared at signalized interchanges.
While conducting the traffic studies in the city center, only the intersection points were not examined; corridors, circulation plans around them and higher quality road connections to which these areas are connected have been evaluated in a system.
The project outputs to be obtained as a result of the studies and project studies are grouped under 4 main headings:
- Traffic circulation plans: Creating traffic circulation plans with decisions such as one-way applications, left turn bans, street-street pedestrianization to improve traffic flow.
- Concept projects of road corridor: capacity in corridors, parking, public transport, pedestrian movement, etc. concept projects that correspond to the type of section that will be selected according to variables such as have been produced.
- Level crossing concept projects and studies: The types of interchanges that are compatible with the circulation plan and corridor concept have been determined and projects have been produced at the level crossing intersections on the created circulation plans and corridors.
- Multi-storey interchanges concept projects and studies: Multi-storey interchange solution proposals have been produced in cases where level interchange solutions are not sufficient in areas with high transit traffic quality and will not damage the urban texture on the corridors where concept projects are created.
- Province İZMİR
- Country Türkiye
Izmir Metropolitan Municipality
Department of Transportation
- Work Schedule 2015-2017
Scope of the Work
- Identification and Evaluation of Existing Problems
- Preparation of Proposal Junction Arrangement Projects
- Preparation of Proposal Signaling Projects
- Proposal Circulation Plans
- 3D Perspectives and Type Sections