Within the scope of 2025 Kocaeli Transportation Master Plan (KUAP) and Preparation of Priority Mass Transportation Systems Preliminary Project and Feasibility Studies, necessary studies and censuses were made on the existing road transportation system, and recommendations and regulations were prepared that would set a framework for transportation demand management.
Recommendations for the highway network have been prepared within the framework of the following basic principles: removal of freight traffic and transit traffic from the city center, decontamination of city centers and ensuring effective and efficient use of capacity.
Within the scope of the study, "Intersection Arrangement Suggestions", "Corridor Based Analysis and Suggestions", and "Suggestions and Evaluations for Investments and Projects" were prepared for urban transportation infrastructure.
Throughout Kocaeli City, traffic counting studies were carried out at 65 intersections and route sections consisting of the intersection of roads known to have certain traffic volume values in the regions where central settlements and attraction centers are located. Necessary arrangement and signaling studies were carried out for each intersection within the scope of KUAP recommendations.
Corridors currently used in urban transportation have been identified and evaluated, and suggestions have been developed in line with the 2025 target year demands. The evaluated corridors are as follows;
- Between Çayırova Interchange D-100 Highway – Gebze East Interchange
- Gebze East Interchange – Dilovası D-100 Highway
- Between Korfez and Derince D-100 Highway
- Between Derince – İzmit SEKA Interchange D-100 Highway
- Between İzmit SEKA Interchange – Köseköy D-100 Highway
- Karamursel City Crossing D-130 Highway
- Değirmendere – Gölcük city crossing D-130 Highway
- Between Gölcük and Yuvacık D-130 Highway
- Yuvacık – Kandıra Interchange D-130 Highway
- D130 Highway Yuvacık Section – TEM Highway Connection Corridor
- Gölcük – Kartepe Southern Corridor
Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality has various transportation investments that are currently underway or in the decision-making process. The projects of these investments (66 projects) were procured and examined and evaluated by grouping according to the stages they were in.
The projects provided are grouped in 4 stages; completed construction, under construction ones, completed application projects , project stage ones.
- Province KOCAELİ
- Country Türkiye
Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality
Department of Transportation
- Work Schedule 2010-2010
Scope of the Work
- Collection of Available Information
- Collection of New Information
- Preparation of Model Inputs and Model Creation
- Identifying Current and Future Problems
- Generating Alternatives and Testing in the Model
- Preparation of Preliminary Projects of Interchange Studies
- Preparation of Pre-Feasibility Reports